The New York City Council Progressive Caucus condemns the Trump administration’s continual affront to immigrant communities, most recently with the arrest of DACA recipient and DREAMer Daniel Ramierez Medina, who was arrested by ICE agents in the Seattle area and stripped of his DACA protections. We are alarmed and outraged at the President’s erratic and immoral approach to immigration which spreads fear in marginalized immigrant communities, and does not make our country any safer. The NYCC Progressive Caucus recognizes the wide contributions of immigrants to our city and to our nation, and the Caucus has long advocated for rights and protections of New Yorkers who are vulnerable due to documentation status. We urge ICE to free Daniel Ramirez Medina, and urge the Trump administration to cease its attack on immigrant communities.
- Working toward a more just and equal New York City.
- My Tweets
- Progressive Caucus Statement on Eric Garner Case Leak
- Progressive Caucus Strongly Opposes NYCHA Federal Funding Cuts
- Progressive Caucus Statement on Ramarley Graham
- Progressive Caucus Statement on Arrest of Dreamer Daniel Ramirez
- Council Members, Advocates Speaks Out Against President Trump’s Executive Orders
- VICTORY: City Council Passes Three-Quarters Housing Bills
- Progressive Caucus Supports Home Stability Support
- NYC Council Caucuses Issue Statement on Anti-Immigrant Executive Order
- Internship Opportunity at the Progressive Caucus
- Victory: Council Passes Freelance Isn’t Free Act
- New York Letter Calling on CFPB to End Predatory Payday Lending
- Victory: Council Passes Multi-racial ID Bill