Check out this upcoming forum put on by our friends at the Police Reform Organizing Project!
The event will consist primarily of a conversation among academics, policy makers, journalists, and eventually you the audience about current abusive police practices and how all of us agitating together can address and correct them.The line up for the evening includes:
CUNY Professors: Dolores Jones-Brown of CUNY John Jay College, Harry Levine of CUNY Queens College, co-authors of The Crime Numbers Game: Management by Manipulation Eli Silverman of CUNY John Jay, and John Eterno of Molloy College
State Assembly Member: Jeff Aubry from Corona, Chair of the Corrections Committee
City Council Members: Danny Dromm from Jackson Heights, Letitia James from Bedford-Stuyvesant, Rosie Mendez from the Lower East Side, and Jumaane Williams of Brooklyn’s 45th District.
Journalists: Andy Humm from both the Gotham Gazette and Gay City News, and Liliana Segura from The Nation.
- Working toward a more just and equal New York City.
- My Tweets
- Progressive Caucus Strongly Opposes NYCHA Federal Funding Cuts
- Progressive Caucus Statement on Ramarley Graham
- Progressive Caucus Statement on Arrest of Dreamer Daniel Ramirez
- Council Members, Advocates Speaks Out Against President Trump’s Executive Orders
- VICTORY: City Council Passes Three-Quarters Housing Bills
- Progressive Caucus Supports Home Stability Support
- NYC Council Caucuses Issue Statement on Anti-Immigrant Executive Order
- Internship Opportunity at the Progressive Caucus
- Victory: Council Passes Freelance Isn’t Free Act
- New York Letter Calling on CFPB to End Predatory Payday Lending
- Victory: Council Passes Multi-racial ID Bill
- Statement on #EdWalk to Demand Campaign for Fiscal Equity Funding